Perception is Reality……
Why is this phrase so Cliché? Perhaps because it is the truth.
- The difference between what the shopper and onsite professional remembers is called “perception”.
- The shopper is describing how they interpreted the demonstration which mimics that of a typical rental prospect- the “truth” is what is important.
- The shoppers are trained to be objective. Emotions such as frustration, fear, and blame are natural.
- Take your time to review your reports.
REVIEWING THE SHOP RESULTS….
Focus on an OPPORTUNITY for IMPROVEMENT.
- Set aside time in a quiet place to read through the report thoroughly.
- Break the report down into sections. Begin to identify and prioritize areas of importance.
- Involve your managers in the discussion.
- Begin by identifying what went well and build on those strengths.
- The shop report, that you customized, should not be questions that your agents have never been trained to ask.
- Listen carefully to the recorded call and take notes.
DELIVER THE SHOP RESULTS TO YOUR LEASING PROFESSIONAL..
Start with the POSITIVES lead into what needs to CHANGE.
- Set aside scheduled time to review with your leasing professional.
- COACH your leasing agent. Rehearse your delivery beforehand.
- Keep the information POSITIVE.
- Set BENCHMARKS to achieve for the next review.
- As a manager make sure you stick to FOLLOWING UP on those benchmarks.
- Your GOAL is to move that employee to the next level of IMPROVEMENT.